Thursday, June 2, 2011

Designer Crush: Cathy Echols

Good morning lovelies,
I'm definitely suffering from Post Party Depression from Memorial Weekend and can't quite seem to feel as if I've rested back up.  That could in part, be due to the rigorous self-inflicted Bridal Bootcamp that I've bestowed upon myself (which is really just doing Crossfit consistently)..  Wedding Date: 8 weeks and counting!

In any case, I couldn't quite pull it together to create yesterday's post (Jennifer Anniston's new digs) but I'm also going to blame my source for the post as being particularly fussy yesterday.  I'll save it for next week.

But today's post is all about my designer crush from Houston, TX, Cathy Echols, who's style greatly mimics my own.  She's described as being fiercely independent and true to herself, both qualities that I inhibit, some to my detriment.  Her style is eclectic and chic, striking and timeless, yet somehow restrained.  She prefers to use art and artifacts collected from her travels and then layering them to create unique spaces that reflects her clients' personalities.  What I love about her designs is how unique each of them are.  Some designers leave a signature mark, which I view as a little narcissistic.  A home should reflect it's owners personalities, not the designer's.  Cathy, however, works with what the homeowners have already collected to create a truly personal space.  Scroll through and you'll see what I mean!
















Beautiful, no?  I'm crushing on those velvet sofas too!  Eclectic interiors have always fascinated me because I view them as one of the most timeless "looks".  I never tire of an antique and when you bring back pieces from traveling, they're such a great platform for starting conversations in your home.

We have plenty of antiques and interesting accessories as well as an experienced Interior Designer (Ashley) if you'd like a little advice on how to incorporate a few pieces into your home.  Stop by and we'll get you started!

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Betsy

Images via: High Gloss Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment